- Remorse over yesterday’s failure.
- Anxiety over today’s problems.
- Worry over Tomorrow’s uncertainty.
- Waste of the moment’s opportunity.
- Procrastination with one’s present duty.
- Resentment of another’s success.
- Criticism of a neighbor’s imperfection.
- Impatience with youth’s immaturity.
- Skepticism of our nation’s future.
- Unbelief in God’s providence.
—Maude Louise Ray
James 4:13-15 – Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit” whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.”
“Thoughts For Today to Brighten Your Day” by Glenn, Mercedes and Lauren Hitchcock