I believe I’ve mentioned before that on 5th Sundays at Keltonburg we have a song and scripture service in the evenings. It consists of a topic/theme with the reading of scriptures pertaining to the theme and the singing of songs that go along with the scriptures that are read. The theme that we used yesterday was: Notes from Revelation. It was a play on the word “notes” to include the singing as much as the scripture when it comes to reminding us about the overall theme of the book.
Here’s the outline in case you’re interested:
- Revelation 1:10-20 / God Holds the Future in His Hands
- Revelation 4:1-11 / Holy, Holy, Holy
- Revelation 5:5-14 / Worthy Art Thou
- Revelation 7:9-17 / Beautiful
- Revelation 11:15-19 / The Kingdom is Spreading
- Revelation 12:1-11 / Hide Me, O My Savior, Hide Me
- Revelation 14:1-7 / We’re Marching to Zion
- Revelation 20:7-15 / There’s a Great Day Coming
- Revelation 22:1-5, 12-17 / There’s a Fountain Free
- Paradise Valley
It’s a pretty good outline as far as covering 22 chapters with 9 scripture readings and 10 songs goes, but a person can definitely add to it or take away from it as they see fit…the outline that is, but not the book (Revelation 22:18-19).