This was in 21st Century Christians e-Teacher Digest for February. I’ve noted the truth of the very last sentence.
Things That Are Changing in the Church
1. Larger churches are thinking multi-site (minister’s message by video to other worship sites).
2. Ministers used to wonder how they could be less accessible to the congregation; now they want more access through social media (texting, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
3. On-line giving for churches is coming because the younger generation doesn’t carry cash or checkbooks.
4. Americans are now more reluctant to relocate. This could spell trouble for churches that depend on turnover for their growth.
5. There are fewer funerals and more cremations. Funerals are becoming more community-led and less minister-led.