“Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with each other.”
What does salt represent in this saying of Jesus’?
How does having salt lead to peace among disciples?
#VOTD #salt #peace
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. ”
The “but” makes a contrast with what other list?
How do we let the Spirit produce this fruit?
#HolySpirit #VOTD #love
“Why don’t you understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot accept my teaching.”
To whom was Jesus speaking? Why did they not accept his teaching?
How do people fail to understand Jesus’ words today?
#understanding #VOTD #receptivity
- To become a disciple of Christ — Matt 28:18-20
- To become the possession of, and have fellowship with, the Godhead — Matt 28:18-20
- To fulfill righteousness — Matt 3:15-17; Matt 28:18-20: Acts 10:48
- For forgiveness of sin — Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16
- Receive the gift of the Holy Spirit– Acts 2:38
- To enter the church — Acts 2:41, 47; 1 Cor 12:13
- To undergo God’s grace — Rom 6:1-7, 14
- To be freed from the law system — Rom 6:1-7, 14
- To be freed from the domination of sin — Rom 6:1-7
- To obtain hope of eternal life — Rom 6:5; Col 2:12; Col 3:1-4
- To be united with Christ — Rom 6:3,5
- To receive the benefits of Christ’s death — Rom 6:3
- To enter newness of life — Rom 6:4
- To become a son of God — Gal 3:26-27
- To put on Christ — Gal 3:27
- To become an heir of Abraham — Gal 3:26-29
- To express faith in Christ — Gal 3:26-27
- To undergo spiritual circumcision — Col 2:11-12
- As the anti-type of Noah’s salvation — 1 Pt 3:20-21
- To obtain a good conscience — 1 Pt 3:21
by Scott Wiley
#baptism #salvation #reasons
“Come all [you] worshippers of God, hear what he did for me: no sooner had I called to him that I was praising him for answering me.”
Psalm 66.16-17 J. Moffatt
What evidence does the psalmist give that God will answer prayer?
Is it right to praise God for answers yet to come?
But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” (Galatians 4:4-6 ESV)
но когда пришла полнота времени, Бог послал Сына Своего Единородного, Который родился от жены, подчинился закону, чтобы искупить подзаконных, дабы нам получить усыновление. А как вы–сыны, то Бог послал в сердца ваши Духа Сына Своего, вопиющего: ‘Авва, Отче!’ (К Галатам 4:4-6 Russian)
O LORD – my God and King, we come into your mighty and loving presence today, asking that you hear our prayers of thanksgiving. Thank you, dear Father, for making it possible that everyone who trusts and obeys Jesus as Lord is to be considered as your children. As children, we confess that we lack the great superiority of your wisdom. Bless us by your word so that we will continue to grow into full-grown children who more fully understand the responsibilities and consequences of our freedom in Christ. In the precious name of Jesus, Amen.
David Binkley, Sr., Gospel Minister
Cedar Key FL
#prayer #David Binkley
QUESTIONS CONCERNING NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY
Last week we wrote under the caption “Questions For Christians About The Church.” This week, as a sequel, we write of “Questions Concerning New Testament Christianity.” Continue reading