My FMag editorial today is entitled, “Your Comfort Zone.” I saw a secular article with specific suggestions on how to step outside the comfort zone. Would be great to make a list for Christians. I thought of these:
- Learn a foreign language.
- Take a short-term mission trip overseas.
- Teach English as a second language to foreigners in your area.
- Serve a day in a food kitchen for the poor.
- Visit the nursing home with your congregation’s group.
- Make brownies for a new family in your neighborhood and deliver them in person.
- Visit the prison with your local prison ministry.
- Take on one World Bible School student.
- Donate time at the local library, hospital, or school.
- Hand out 10 gospel tracts to non-Christians in the next week.
I’ve preferred the face-to-face suggestions over things like sending a link by email. What other things can you name that would make a good list?