Some of these questions are meant to have answers straight from the text while other questions are meant to encourage discussion of the text.
- What kind of effect is Deuteronomy 10:22 supposed to have on the words of chapter 11?
- How often were the children of Israel to keep/follow/observe God’s way? (vs. 1)
- Why did the things that the people witnessed matter so much? (vs. 7-8)
- Why do you believe God paid “special note” to the land of Canaan even though pagans filled the land? (vs. 10-12)
- Why do many people consider God’s blessings to be “automatic”? (vs. 13-14)
- Why do you believe Moses was so emphatic and repetitive about his warnings of disobedience and the curse of God? (vs. 26-28)
- It gave the people a purpose and an incentive for following God.
- Always (comes from Hebrew for “day, time, year, today, yesterday, tomorrow).
- It increased their responsibility (Luke 12:48).
- A) Matthew 5:45, B) He planned on giving it away!
- Pay special note to the word, “if.” A misunderstanding of God’s blessings often stems from: A) A misunderstanding of grace and faith, and B)Because we don’t like rules
- Because that land was not their land – it was God’s land to give and take (Joshua 23:15)