This from 21st Century Christian‘s “e-Teacher Digest,” called “Teaching Tip: Dont’s About Bible Teaching:”
1. Don’t ever embarrass a child.
2. Don’t ever talk harshly to a child.
3. Don’t depend upon the manual for your teaching.
4. Don’t add to your stories where the Bible has not added.
5. Don’t be afraid of their questions. (Handle them.)
6. Don’t give a child busy work.
7. Don’t have “round robin” reading in Bible class.
8. Don’t ask children to do what you aren’t willing to do. (Memory work, role-playing, test, etc.)
9. Don’t allow children to make fun of other children or class activities.
10. Don’t use the same teaching method all the time.