Tests are a measurement of what we know. A test can also be used to determine how strong or how weak we are in the faith.
Here’s a short test that is simply five true-or-false questions. See how you score.
1. I worry quite frequently.
2. When I pray, I sometimes think God doesn’t listen.
3. I very rarely ever carry a Bible to worship or Bible study.
4. Most situations in my life trouble me and even sometimes rule me.
5. Sometimes I despair.
The answers to all the questions are only true or false. So, how did you do?
If you answered all the questions “true,” then you’re weak in the faith and you’re probably very much like the double-minded person of James 1:6-8.
There are people who come through the church doors with their hearts filled with worry. Jesus taught us NOT to worry. When you pray, do you believe your prayers are going to be answered? If you don’t, you don’t believe the truth of God’s word (1 John 5:14-15). A person who rarely carries a Bible to worship won’t build their faith either at church or at home (Romans 10:17). If we are ruled by situations then we are not ruled by God’s word because we don’t believe it is the truth.
That was all the negative stuff. Now, for the positive.
One doesn’t have to live like this. Remember this:
1.God controls the world and he loves us! Those controlled by situations don’t believe God controls the world. If this is you, start studying the Bible and learn otherwise! Read Revelation 22:14=17.
2. I need to believe in God 100 percent of the time every single day and keep doing so. That passage in James tells us if we don’t ask in faith, we can COUNT on not getting our request (James 1:7-8). Christians are to be people with CONFIDENCE, not fear (Hebrews 4:12-16).
3. The last chapter of human existence has been written and WE WIN! Re-read that passage above from Revelation.
Stop living as a victim and start living as a victor through Christ (1 Corinthians 15:54-57; Romans 8:31-39.