SOME MORE THINGS THE BIBLE PLAINLY SAYS
Continuing from last week, let us note some more things the Bible plainly says.
1. That God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble (Psalm 46:1).
2. That through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed (Lamentations 3:22-24).
3. That we should trust in the Lord with all our heart, and not lean on our own understanding (Proverbs 3:5-7).
4. That pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall (Proverbs 16:18).
5. That we should not add to, take from, substitute for, or modify the word of God in any way (Deuteronomy 4:2; Proverbs 30:6; Revelation 22:18-19; Galatians 1:6-9).
6. That there is a way that seems right to man, but its end is the way of death (Proverbs 14:12).
7. That faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17).
8. That it is impossible for God to lie (Hebrews 6:18; Titus 1:1-2).
9. That we should remember our Creator in the days of our youth (Ecclesiastes 12:1).
10. That we should seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all the necessities of life will be provided for us (Matthew 6:33).
11. That we should not worry about tomorrow (Matthew 6:34).
12. That Christ has all authority in heaven and on earth and He is the one and only head of the church (Matthew 28:18-20; Ephesians 1:22-23; Colossians 1:18),
13. That we must worship God in spirit and truth (John 4:24).
14. That God’s word is truth (John 17:17).
15. That the first century church observed the Lord’s Supper on the first day of the week (Acts 20:7).
16. That the early Christians engaged in “speaking to one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in [their] heart(s) to the Lord” (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16).
17. That we are not to go beyond the doctrine of Christ (II John 9).
18. That Christ only saves those who do the will of His Father who is in heaven (Matthew 7:21-23; Hebrews 5:8-9).
19. That it is more blessed to give than to receive (Acts 20:35).
20. That of all the Christian graces and virtues, love is the greatest (I Corinthians 13:13).
21. That we should not love the world or the things of the world (I John 2:15-17).
22. That the effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much (James 5:16).
23. That in order to be saved, there is something we all must do (Acts 2:37-38; Acts 9:5-8, 17-18; Acts 22:9-10, 16).
24. That we will reap what we sow (Galatians 6:7-9).
25. That it is appointed for men once to die and after this the judgment (Hebrews 9:27).
Hugh Fulford, November 17, 2020
Speaking Schedule: November 18: Adams Avenue Church of Christ, Lebanon, TN (7 p.m.)