SOME THINGS THE BIBLE PLAINLY SAYS
As a sequel to last week’s “News & Views” titled “Where Does The Bible Say . . .?” this week we set forth some things the Bible plainly says. Seriously reflect on these sacred truths, accept them, and take appropriate action.
1. That there was a beginning in which God created all things (Genesis 1:1; cf. Hebrews 3:4).
2. That the heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork (Psalm 19:1).
3. That Christ, in His pre-fleshly state, was the agent through whom God created all things (John 1:1-3, 14; Colossians 1:15-16; Hebrews 1:1-2).
4. That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
5. That God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son to redeem the world from sin (John 3:16; Romans 5:8; I John 2:1-2).
6. That Christ was born of a virgin named Mary, being conceived in her by the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:30-35).
7. That Christ died for our sins, was buried, and resurrected on the third day (I Corinthians 15:1-4).
8. That we are saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:18-19).
9. That without faith it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6).
10. That we must believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God (John 8:24).
11. That Christ is mankind’s only way to God (John 14:6; Acts 4:12).
12. That all must repent in order to be saved (Luke 13:3; Acts 17:30-31; II Peter 3:9).
13. That baptism is essential to salvation from sin (Mark 16:15-16; Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16).
14. That baptism saves us (I Peter 3:21).
15. That baptism is a burial in water (Acts 8:35-39; Romans 6:3-4; Colossians 2:12).
16. That Christ established His church (Matthew 16:18).
17. That the church is the body of Christ (Ephesians 1:22-23; Colossians 1:18).
18. That there is only one body/church (Ephesians 4:4).
19. That the Lord adds the saved to the church (Acts 2:47; Ephesians 5:23).
20. That Christians must continue faithful (II Peter 1:5-11; Revelation 2:10).
21. That the two great commandments are to love the Lord our God with all of our heart, soul, and mind, and to love our neighbor as we love ourselves (Matthew 22:37-40).
22. That Christ will come again to judge the world in righteousness and that we must all give an account to God of our lives (Acts 1:9-11; Acts 17:30-31; Romans 14:12; II Corinthians 5:10).
23. That heaven is the reward of the obedient and faithful (Matthew 25:34; John 14:1-3; I Peter 1:3-5).
24. That everlasting torment in hell is the punishment of the disobedient and unrighteous (Matthew 25:41; Romans 2:5-11; II Thessalonians 1:6-10; Revelation 21:8).
25. That if we truly love the Lord we will keep His commandments (John 14:15; I John 5:3).
Hugh Fulford, November 10, 2020
Speaking Schedule: November 18: Adams Avenue Church of Christ, Lebanon, TN (7 p.m.)