My printed outline for this evening’s message.
- Meditation is not chanting a word or phrase or emptying the mind, but seeking the meaning of God’s word, in order to apply it in life, Psa 119.11-13; Lc 2.19; Cl 3.16.
- Meditation seeks to relate to God and please him, Psa 19.14.
- Meditation looks to practice the word of God, Ja 1.25.
- Some ways to meditate:
• Write verses on a card to analyze during the day.
• Read biblical passages in several versions.
• Pay attention to the context of a passage.
• Sing spiritual songs based on the Bible.