I am reading a book called “Living On the Edge,” on applying what is found in Romans 12 to our daily walk for the Lord. Here is one of the outlines in the book. (Note: I don’t agree completely with everything the author says in his book; but I do feel that with discernment, we can profit from it.
- Its focus in on your relationships:
- Your relationship with God ( Rom. 12:1)
- Your relationship to this world’s values (Rom. 12:2)
- Your relationship with yourself (Rom. 12:3-8)
- Your relationship with believers (Rom. 12:9-13)
- Your Relationship with unbelievers. Rom. 12:14-21
- It is about grace, Romans 12 follows eleven chapters that give us the clearest and most detailed account of Christ’s work on Christ’s work on our behalf.
- It’s practical and measurable. Romans 12 is filled with specific commands (to be fulfilled through the Spirit’s power) that set the bar for maturity in each of those five relationships.