WordPress now shows country origin of visitors in its statistics reports. That reminds me again that we are speaking to the world.
Today’s visitors came from such diverse places as Serbia, France, Germany, India, Nigeria, and Saudi Arabia, besides the places we might expect such as the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and (can I add my country here?) Brazil.
With that in mind, and off the top of my head, I want to remember to do the following:
- Avoid colloquialisms and regionalisms to be better understood by a world audience;
- Use simple sentences and short words;
- Use illustrations and stories that have broad appeal;
- Avoid overuse of italics, bold, caps, and other visual distractions;
- Use a Bible version that can be understood by people who speak English as a second language.
Maybe you have a suggestion or two to add to the list.