Any saints or churches changing or cancelling their activities due to Hurricane Sandy? Romney and Biden have cancelled or rescheduled events on the east coast. We wonder about the churches in that region. What have you heard? We’d like to put something up on BNc.
• Jeremy Barrier and Will Bridges visited us Wed.-Thurs., and Jeremy presented his material on the so-called “The Gospel of Jesus’ Wife.” We had 25 people in our little living room to hear it, some eight or nine of them not in a relationship with God. Another one was out back watching the kids. People were quite impressed with the material. Jeremy had earlier given this material at Heritage Christian University. More on that, probably, in a few days, on GoSpeak.org.
• All 28 or so of those stayed afterwards to eat five pizzas that we’d ordered, plus some other goodies that friends brought. The stragglers left around 11 p.m., so it was a long night for our guests, who held up with a smile and warm attentiveness to participants.
• One down, at least three to go, assigned or agreed-upon articles for both print and online magazines. This besides other writing responsibilities. When they are published, I’ll be sure to tell you, but won’t give them away ahead of time. The editors might not like the articles, so I don’t want to have egg on my face.
• BrotherhoodNews.com has a slew of news items this month, 22 so far by the archive count. Do check them out. They’ll bring you sadness and joy. Some obituaries, others of accidents, preachers, persecution—you get the idea. If you’re not signed up to get notifications by email, you have that option in the top right column.
• In public we don’t talk, much, about the behind-the-scenes work of Forthright/GoSpeak. Time is short, for one thing. Don’t figure people are much interested in it, for another. But a couple of BNc tweets takes us back both in time and perspective. Continue reading