Here’s a small list of the most seriously ridiculous things we could say:
- “There’s nothing to eat,” while standing in front of an open refrigerator full of food.
- “I have nothing to wear,” while standing in front of a packed closet.
- “I have nothing to do,” while the church is constantly needing help.
- “I can’t think of anything to pray about,” while God wants to hear some gratitude from us.
- “I will get right with God later,” when we have no idea what will happen tomorrow.
If you can think of a few things that you’ve heard other says (or if you’re honest enough to tell on yourself) which fit the vein of ridiculously serious things we could say, feel free to add to the list in the comments section.
“Come now, you who say…” (James 4:13)