by: Douglas M. Williams, Sr.
“Heaven is a wonderful place, filled with glory and grace. I want to see my Savior’s face, Heaven is a wonderful place. I want to go there.” These are the words to a beautiful song.
The Bible describes heaven as:
- A wonderful, beautiful, real place where God dwells, a place of God’s presence (Psalm80:14; Matthew 5:16, 45, 48).
- A place where Christ was before He came to earth (John 3:13, 6:38).
- A place to which Christ returned at His ascension (Acts 1:11).
- The dwelling place of angels (Matthew 28:2; Luke 22:43).
- The eternal dwelling place of the soul of God’s faithful children.
- A place of rest where God’s servants shall serve Him (Revelation 21, 22).
It is from heaven that Jesus will come when He returns at His second coming in the clouds (Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 1:10; 4:16; Revelation 1:7).
Just as the Bible teaches that heaven is the eternal dwelling place of the soul of God’s faithful children, the Bible describes the only alternative as the awful place of hell, the place of eternal punishment for the wicked (Matthew 25:46; 2 Corinthians 5:1).
As Christians we can take great comfort and hope in Jesus promise of preparing a place for us (John 14:1-3). A beloved song stages, “Heaven holds all to me.”
Although the Bible tries to describe how wonderful and beautiful heaven is, we surely cannot fully and completely understand how great it will be.
In Revelation 21 and 22, we are told that God will be there with no tears, death, pain, sorrow, etc., for the things of this world will have passed away.
Are you prepared to go to heaven? Is your name written in heaven because you have obeyed Jesus in the forgiveness of sins, and you are living for Him (Luke 10:20; Hebrews 12:23)? If not, please make that preparation before it is too late. If I can help you in any way, I will be happy to do so.