Here are some of the interesting quotes found in the story as well (emphasis is mine):
- ““Excessive alcohol use is a huge public health problem,” study researcher Dr. Robert Brewer, of the CDC’s Alcohol Program, told The Huffington Post. “It’s killing people in the prime of their lives.”“
- “Researchers estimate that excessive drinking kills an average of 88,000 people in the U.S. each year, and shortened the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years.“
- “Additionally, the numbers are based partly on self-reports of alcohol consumption, and people generally tend to underreport the amount they drink. “So even though it’s a big number, we really think this is a significant underestimate,” said Brewer.“
- “Alcohol is a toxin and known carcinogen that can increase the risk for chronic health conditions or escalate their severity.“
- ““A lot of the injury isn’t just the people you consider alcohol abusers, but a much a larger group that binge drink or consume higher levels than recommended — more than 1 [to] 2 drinks a day,”“
In case you’re wondering, the person being quoted is a researcher for the CDC. Just look to the bottom left of the chart, or click on the map’s link to double-check the source.
Combining the words “recreational” and “drugs” always come at a price – always have, always will.
But hey, if we just legalize it all of the problems will go away…wait a second!
Another myth debunked is by the recently published results conducted by the CDC and National Health Center is the idea that a person is born with a genetically predetermined sexual orientation. The results make it clear that it is a matter of environmental influences, peer pressure, experimentation and personal preference. When the Gay rights movement first took off, the popular phrase was “sexual preference”. But over the years political correctness has indignantly substituted “sexual orientation”, as if there is no volition or choice in the matter. Perhaps now we can get back to the truth: homosexuality is a choice, not a genetic orientation! Anyone who respects the scripture and trusts God should have already known this, for God condemns no one for that over which they have no control. But God condemns homosexuality! This is Just-A-Minute with Ed Boggess
Recent eye-opening research conducted by the CDC and National Center for Health stands the Gay Pride movement on its head, redefining conventional wisdom regarding homosexuality. Rather than supporting the claim by gays that they are genetically predetermined in their homosexual orientation, the study shows that overwhelmingly for both men and women who report same sex activity that it is a passing phase or fleeting episode of experimentation. The percentage of those engaging in homosexuality is greatest among teens and twenty-somethings but quickly declines to around 1% by age 35. I’m not surprised by youth’s experimentation – the Prodigal Son left for the far country and experimented with its wares until he came to himself and returned to his father. This is Just-A-Minute with Ed Boggess