Since God Created humans, only God can provide specific understanding of human behavior. God gave Solomon Divine Wisdom (1 Kings Chapters 3 and 10) to explain what and why behavior is as it is, and Proverbs 10:1-24:34 are randomly written, as if they were Solomon’s judgments about individual cases brought to him, or simply God-given explanations about life. New Testament passages may help see the continuation of Wisdom offered through Jesus Christ.
Proverbs 20:27: “The spirit of a man is the lamp of the LORD, Searching all the inner depths of his heart.”
The mythological Doctrine of Evolution, which is disseminated by the Government, cannot account for “the spirit of a man,” since it is God Who “forms the spirit of man within him” (Zechariah 12:1), but “Evolution” is an atheistic belief. No “scientist” can ever disprove the existence of “the spirit of a man,” for true science can only deal with what is physically observable, and, as the bodily resurrected Jesus Christ said: “Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have” (Luke 24:39).
Because God has given each human a spirit, what God has provided makes sense! God has:
1) Created “the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1) and all scientific knowledge is centered upon learning facts about what it is, how it works, believing the evidence that points to God as Creator (Hebrews 11:3; Romans 1:20-23). God as Creator is what makes sense;
2) Made heterosexual, monogamous marriage the basis of all civilized societies (Genesis 2:18-25), and the plan for conception, birth, and proper instruction of each individual in the world (Colossians 3:18-21). God’s Design of Marriage, always makes moral sense, and always works when followed;
3) Readily inspired and controlled the writing of the Bible through men! It is because of this, we know “that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit” (2 Peter 1:20-21). This is how we have the New Testament “which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets” (Ephesians 3:5). This is why Bible study makes sense;
4) Given moral guidelines that are obvious, and fit with our “common sense!” “Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God” (Galatians 5:19-21);
5) Given the Gospel of our salvation that makes sense! “Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:24-29).
With the Gospel of Christ, look into your heart, for “As in water face reflects face, So a man’s heart reveals the man” (Proverbs 27:19).
All Scriptures and comments are based upon the New King James Version, unless otherwise noted.