I received an offer in my email the other day from C.E.I Bookstore in Athens, AL for a 1 year digital subscription to a magazine called, “Truth Magazine” and I thought some here may be interested in checking it out.
Here’s the main text of the email along with the included links:
Get a 1-year Subscription to Truth Magazine Digitally for Just $10
That’s not a misprint. For $10 per year, we will send you an email each month where you can click the link and download the latest issue of Truth Magazine.
Truth Magazine is a monthly periodical focused on teaching Bible principles. The approach is from a conservative Christian worldview, accepting the Bible as the inerrant, inspired word of God. Topics covered include moral and doctrinal issues with practical applications. The Christians involved are not part of any denomination and accept no creed. They strive to follow the New Testament of Jesus Christ as their only standard of faith and practice (Colossians 3:17; Matthew 28:18).
Would you like to take a look at the latest issue before you decide? Click here to download it.
Copyright © 2014 CEI Bookstore, All rights reserved.
This isn’t a personal endorsement of the magazine (nor do I have anything negative that I can say about it), and I’m not associated in any way with the publication; it’s just a heads-up that I thought was worth passing along.
For a number of years the Gospel Gleaner was in publication promoting the Lord’s Way. Of late, however, the publication ceased. It will soon begin again. Andy Erwin is the new editor of the publication. Scheduled resumption of the monthly periodical is January 2013. Below are a few things Andy said to some of us in an email in June:
- Let me begin by saying how thankful I am that Bill Dillon has entrusted me with the stewardship of the Gospel Gleaner. Let us not forget the remarkable work he did in editing this paper for nearly thirty years. The Gleaner presently has a mailing list of approximately 8,000 issues, which makes it one of the most read papers in our brotherhood. Thank you, Bill, and Godspeed.
- The Gospel Gleaner will have the look and feel of an “old time” religious journal. It will be readable, interesting, and present a wide variety to its subscribers.
- The paper will become a monthly publication. A yearly subscription of $10 will be charged.
- The Gleaner will not be overseen by an eldership, but will be a private enterprise of brethren devoted to the purpose of Christian journalism.
- Now let me introduce the new staff of the Gospel Gleaner. Ron Bryant, Jim McGill, Jim Lewis, Wayne Kilpatrick, Sam Hester, Guy Hester, Ron Thomas, Mike Kiser, Earnest Underwood, Grady Miller, Gerald Cowan, Roger Shepherd, Brandon Renfroe, Rod Rutherford, and Johnny Polk.
- One last thing that I will ask of each of you is for your help in distributing the paper. I am not asking that you peddle the paper, but that you spread the news in your home congregations, gospel meetings, etc. Let’s get the word out there about what we are doing.
Here’s my list of Internet news sources:
El Paso Times, Huffington Post, New York Times, NPR News, Stump Report, The Hill, The New Yorker, USA Today, and World Magazine.
For additional El Paso news, I look at El Paso News.net and KFOX News.
The only time I read a physical newspaper or magazine is at the school library where I substitute. Don’t subscribe to any kind of publication any more – too expensive.
Print magazines I read? Magnolia Messenger, Think On These Things, and The Sword and Staff publications. I also receive the Yokefellow, the monthly newsletter from the Memphis School of Preaching.
The Gravel Hill Church of Christ website has a listing of publications produced by members of the Church of Christ. They have done a great work in providing this list.