New York Governor Andrew Cuomo made it clear that pro-life, anti-gay marriage, pro-assault weapons voters aren’t welcome in “his” state: “They have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.” (“Cuomo retreats after slamming pro-lifers,” by Lauren Ashburn, Published January 22, 2014,
FoxNews.com) Then, after being “Tweeted” into a corner, his Attorney tried to get the egg off of his face by stating: “The Governor was making the point that he makes often: New York is a politically moderate state and an extremist agenda is not politically viable statewide.”
1. Define “extremist.” According to the dictionary, it means “belief in and support for ideas that are very far from what most people consider correct or reasonable,” or “radicalism.” Since the media uses the term “radical” to describe “Muslim terrorists,” then is the Governor telling “Muslim terrorists” they “have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are?” If not, then why not? Also, isn’t the governor’s place to represent all of his constituents, not some? It seems a governor is “extremist” who would run out of “his” state those who disagree with his political views, thus unbalancing “his” citizenry “very far from what most people consider correct or reasonable!” If “his” state now is “politically moderate,” how would it remain such by eliminating “correct or reasonable” views?
2. If the Governor and his Attorney would get their minds out of their “ivory tower” they would learn that “most people consider correct or reasonable” the Bible teaching that, individually, all humans are: made in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-27), not evolved animals (Genesis 1:28-31), formed by the plan of God (Psalm 139:13-16), given “the spirit of man within him” (Zechariah 12:1), and are the same human before and after birth (the word for an unborn “babe” is the same as for the born one, Luke 1:41,44; 2:16). According to the latest Fox News poll of voters (1/22/14), 48% are pro-life (against abortion), 45% are pro-choice (for abortion). A savvy politician who needs a majority vote, would acknowledge that his constituents are not “extremists,” but mainstream!
3. Define “gay marriage.” Since the concept of “marriage” was begun and defined by God, He must approve any “marriage” or else it is disapproved, “For not he who commends himself is approved, but whom the Lord commends” (2 Corinthians 10:18). God (Who is the only adequate explanation for the world’s existence, Hebrews 3:4) made humans “male and female” (Genesis 1:27), and brought the woman made from the man’s rib back to his side to form the closest, most intimate relationship known to mankind (Genesis 2:21-25). Jesus Christ added His endorsement to what God did “from the beginning” (Matthew 19:4-6), which means one male for one female is the only marriage formula God approves! “Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge” (Hebrews 13:4). Everyone who varies God’s plan, falls under the terms “fornicators and adulterers.” Because so many people sin, God “now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead” (Acts 17:30-31). Homosexuals are invited to leave their decision and be converted to Christ (1 Corinthians 6:9-11). Homosexual “marriage” has never been sanctioned by God!
4. The U.S. Bill of Rights, as adopted on December 15, 1791, contains this Second Amendment: “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” This is not an “extremist” policy, but the standard by which all other views on the subject should be compared! Governor Cuomo’s characterization of supporters of the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America as advocating “pro-assault weapons” is prejudicial, inflammatory, and disingenuous! If everyone who believes in the Second Amendment left the state, then government would be the only ones who possessed weapons, and that would make it a socialist dictatorship! Is that what he’s advocating?
5. The Governor’s outburst was not a “Freudian slip” but a true statement of his belief. Jesus Christ said, “out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment” (Matthew 12:34-36). The Governor either spoke the evil desire he had in his heart, or else, according to his Attorney, he used “idle words” without meaning what he said. Either way, he is accountable to Jesus Christ on the day of Judgment if he doesn’t repent! In the meantime, he should be held accountable by his constituents.