Here’s a link to the latest PDF issue of the Christian Worker.
Here are the topics that you will find:
- “Preach in View of the Judgment” (Rick Brumback)
- “Reprove…Rebuke” (Sam Willcut)
- “Be Instant in Season; out of Season” (Al Macias)
- Exhort (John Moore)
- Preach with All Longsuffering (Wayne Jones)
- Preach Sound Doctrine (Joshua Moore)
- Who Are False Teachers? (Don Walker)
- The Role of a Preacher (Dewayne Bryant)
Christian Worker is an edification effort of the Southwest church of Christ in Austin, Texas.
You can subscribe to the email version of the Christian Worker paper by clicking on the publications link on their website and then following the given instructions…or by clicking on the link provided here in The Fellowship Room under the “Friends” category to your right.
Copyright © 2015 Southwest church of Christ, All rights reserved.
Church growth is the LORD’S business. “The Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved” (Acts 2:47). Let not man assume control of the Lord’s business. “Church Growth” experts do not know as much as our Lord knows about who should be added to His church.
The church’s role in church growth is to preach the saving gospel to the lost. “He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned” (Mark 16:16). There we have Jesus’ own word for that. Since He is the saved’s Savior, He will know who should be a member of His church.
The church must focus on its role in saving the lost. Jesus Christ said, “Go.” The modern “progressive church” says, “Come.” To obey the Lord, the church must—
1. Love the lost. Jesus, our example, loved the sinner Zacchaeus of Jericho and invited Himself over to Zacchaeus’ house to spend the night. He converted Zacchaeus that night. Read about it in Luke 19:1-10.
2. Seek the lost. Jesus said, “The Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.” Jesus had to leave His heavenly home to come into the world to save the lost. Why would we think we can reach the lost without going into the world? God forbid that we are on a “church growth” mission rather than a “soul-saving” mission.
3. Teach the lost. They may not know they are lost. It is easy to be lost in the woods and not know it. It is as easy to be lost in sin and not know it. As we would show the person lost in the woods the way out, we must show the person lost in sin the way out. Christ is the way. Social services will not do it, friend. Neither will polite pleasantries about nothings do it. The gospel is God’s power to save the lost (Romans 1:16). Let’s be sure it’s the gospel we’re preaching to the lost. – Mack Lyon
Mack Lyon, speaker for the successful television ministry In Search if the Lord’s Way, may be contacted through their website: http://www.searchtv.org/
So many people often reject the truth of the gospel because it doesn’t “make sense” to them. In this video from “Preaching the Gospel” brother Watkins addresses the difference between trusting God by faith and trusting God because of our logic. It’s a great basic lesson that can address so many spiritual issues that our divided religious world is facing today.