If you were on Facebook and your children refused to add you as friends, what would you do? Read More
From the book, Hooked: New Science on How Casual Sex is Affecting Our Children by Joe S. McIlhaney, M.D. and Freda McKissic Bush, M.D. [pages 82-83].
- 80% of unwed fathers don’t marry the teen mother of their baby.
- 80% of unwed teen mothers eventually receive welfare.
- 50% of all single mothers on welfare were teenagers when they had their first baby.
- 70% of unwed mothers receive no financial support from the fathers of their children.
- Teen mothers receive an average of $67 per month in child support.
- Nearly one-half of all teen pregnancies under the age of 19 occur in relationships with males more than three years older.
Sadly, for many people, facts lose all of their impact when staring down hormones and the need to fit in and be needed. However, we must stand strong against the tide and proclaim the truth boldly. “Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge” (Hebrews 13:4).
Carl Hanson reminds teens to be thankful, and I’m grateful I “overheard” him say his piece.
Last night in our study we read Colossians 3:15-17, with the threefold mention of gratitude. (Three mentions in the same paragraph is sermonic!)
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (ESV)
I mentioned three things I was grateful for, that came immediately to mind:
1. The time I had with family in the U.S. while there recently;
2. I’ll tell you this one on Saturday, a Very Important Date for our family;
3. The successful launch of FR, thanks to so many of you.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.