Well, I had to get this list nailed down. One of the hardest things to do, choose among the many (all of them!) good and important commandments of our Lord. Here’s the list, which I threw into Google Translator and tweaked slightly, for time’ sake.
The commandments of Christ
- Introduction: The imperative of the gospel
- The message of the Kingdom: Repent (Matthew 4:17, Mark 1:15)
- The call of discipleship: Follow Me (Matt. 4:19)
- The confrontation of our brother: Show him his error (Mt 18:15-20)
- The commitment of marriage: Let no one put asunder (Matt. 19:4-6)
- Supreme confidence: Have faith in God (Mark 11:22-26)
- The danger of deception: Beware (Mark 13.5ss)
- The VIP treatment: Do unto others as you want them to do to you (Luke 6:31)
- Selfless generosity: Give (Luke 6:38)
- The result of hope: Rejoice (Luke 10:20)
- The right job: Work for food that endures to eternal life (John 6:27)
- The example of Jesus: Do what I did (Jn 13:15)
- The mission: Make disciples (Matthew 28:19-20).
Thanks to all those who made suggestions. This list reflects many of our needs here, from my perspective.