Some thinking out loud here on this quiet Wednesday evening …
- A mission perspective. Mission meaning long-term investment in world evangelism, not benevolence, not short-term trips. This is a severe need in a brotherhood that today has taken a far different direction than the Lord had in mind.
- An insistence upon speaking where the Bible speaks. In the last decades the church has surrendered this important plank of restoring the biblical faith.
- A radical rethinking of how we follow Christ and work in the Kingdom. The American church is invested in its institutions, and can’t think of doing the Lord’s work without them.
- A full-bodied involvement of the members of Christ. Clergyism has overtaken the church. While the denominations are fleeing from their roots, we are racing toward denominationalism.
- A renewal of heart, spirit, and mind. Emotionalism holds many in its grip. Ritualism has frozen the hearts of others.
These are not popular offerings, but they are biblical and true. We do not profess to have cornered the market of truth, but some things are plain upon the face of it. The unexamined faith is not worthy professing.
Put yourselves to the test to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize regarding yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you—unless, indeed, you fail the test! 2 Corinthians 13.5 NET.
We do not know what form or venue our service will take tomorrow. More and more our efforts have concentrated on the local level. May the Lord Jesus give us all opportunity to become more like him, in our hearts and homes, in our service in the Kingdom of God.