by Mike Glenn
Our Joshua Generation characteristic is Wisdom. Our slogan: “Wisdom is the principal thing.”This week’s memory verse is James 3:17. Our study for today comes from the context for the memory verse, James 3:13-18.
Brothers and sisters, I tell our young people that wisdom accumulates. Wisdom is based on sound knowledge. One cannot reject knowledge of God and His word most of his life and grow in spiritual wisdom. The time to start gaining wisdom is when you are a child through the sound advice of parents. All true wisdom harmonizes with the revealed will of God. Whatever your age, if you have not been growing in knowledge and wisdom, now is a good time to start. Our study text for today teaches us the following concepts:
- A wise man is one with knowledge. No wonder the Bibles urges us to be diligent to rightly handle the word of God (2 Timothy 2;15)
- A wise man shows his wisdom by his conduct. We show that we can discern between good and evil (Hebrews 5:12-14).
- A wise man does not envy or strive against others. Rather, we, in meekness, instruct those who are in opposition (2 Timothy 2:24-6).
- Earthly wisdom has envy and strife and is sensual and devilish.
- The wisdom from above is pure. Blessed are the pure in heart (Matt. 5:8). Let’s be children of God in whom there is no guile.
- Heavenly wisdom is peaceable and gentle. Blessed are the peacemakers (Matt. 5:9).
- The wisdom from above is open to reason. Come, let us reason together (Isaiah 1:18).
- Heavenly wisdom is full of mercy and good work. It is because the love of God dwells in the wise (1 John 3:17-18).
- The wisdom from above is impartial and sincere.
- Righteousness is the result of spiritual wisdom.
Brothers and sisters, get wisdom.